Saturday, October 18, 2008

Ren Faires are Rad.

Heather and I went to the Bonner Springs Renaissance Faire near Kansas City, Missouri, on Labor Day weekend of this year.

It was one of the biggest and most diverse renaissance fairs I've ever been to.
(Not that I've been to a lot. But I've been to a few.)

Here's Heather with a giant metal knight and a shirtless (yet vested) wandering teen minstrel.


I, of course, got a picture with the knight, too.


We were treated to a demonstration of medieval weaponry by this enthusiastic kid.


Here's me wielding a mace.


And Heather with a battle axe.


This thing was heavy.


Combat drills.


And me as a medieval mermaid!


Turkey leg mission: accomplished.



"Excuse me, fine wenches, but your bosoms are ample and prominently displayed. Might we take a photo with you so that we can imagine ours to be verily so bounteous as well?"






(>gasp!<) Prince Charming-- take me with youuuu!


You know I couldn't see this guy and NOT get my picture taken with him.


And then there was...this...guy...too...


In an unrelated note, here is some video I shot of my friend Jed's (and his friends) Effing Awesome private fireworks display. This show was basically in someone's backyard. (Why? Because that's how they roll in MO...)

No comments: